What is the difference between cornrows and Goddess braids?
Cornrows and Goddess braids are two popular hairstyles. Though they share some similarities, there are some key differences between the two. In this article, we’ll take a closer look at both styles and discuss what sets them apart. We’ll also provide tips for how to style each look. So, if you’re considering either of these hairstyles, read on!
So what is the difference between these hairstyles?
Cornrows are a style of hair braiding that involves tightly braiding the hair close to the scalp. This style is typically worn by African Americans, and it can be styled in a variety of ways. One popular variation is the Goddess braid, which is a type of cornrow that wraps around the head in a circular pattern.
Goddess braids, on the other hand, are a bit different. Rather than being cornrows that wrap around the head, goddess braids are three-strand plaits that are pulled back and away from the face. This style is often worn by women of color, and it can be styled in a variety of ways as well.
So, what sets these two styles apart? Here are some key differences:
- Cornrows are typically worn by African Americans, while goddess braids can be worn by anyone.
- Cornrows are tightly braided close to the scalp, while goddess braids are looser and pulled away from the face.
- Goddess braids can be styled in a variety of ways, while cornrows are typically styled in one way (the goddess braid).
Tips for creating these hairstyles
If you’re considering either of these hairstyles, keep the following tips in mind:
- For cornrows, use a comb to part the hair and then divide it into three sections. Start braiding from the back of the head, and braid tightly to the scalp. When you reach the front of the head, tie off the braid with an elastic band.
- For goddess braids, start by parting the hair in the middle and then dividing it into three sections. Begin plaiting from the back of the head, and plait loosely. When you reach the front of the head, tie off the plait with an elastic band.
- Both styles can be styled in a variety of ways, so experiment until you find a look that you like.
With these tips in mind, you can rock beautiful cornrows or goddess braid hairstyles!
How long will Goddess or Cornrow braids last?
Goddess braids will last about 2-3 weeks, but they may start to look a bit messy after that. If you want them to last longer, you can always add hair extensions.
Cornrows should last about 4-6 weeks, but they may start to look a bit faded after that. To keep them looking fresh, you can add new cornrows in as needed.